The first method of making a light-weight orthopedic casting tape, comprising the steps of: mixing a polyisocyanate compound, a reactive hydrogen compound, and a filler to form a composite mixture; coating said composite mixture on a light-weight scrim while the polyisocyanate compound and the reactive hydrogen compound are at most only partially reacted and while the composite mixture’s viscosity is low enough so that the composite mixture can spread out on the scrim; and then allowing said polyisocyanate compound and said reactive hydrogen compound to further react, thereby forming a water-curable isocyanate-functional prepolymer and thereby increasing the viscosity of said composite mixture to an extent that the composite mixture resists pooling during storage, wherein the ratio of the volume of said filler divided by the volume of said water-curable isocyanate-functional prepolymer is greater than 0.4.
4. To the doctor, the casting tape is more convenient for partial shaping enswathement due to its better flexibility. To the patients, the casting tape has low contractibility after drying, so it does not cause the tight and itchy symptoms of skin that plaster cast has when drying;
5. Casting tape needs only quite short time for hardening, 10 minutes for load-bearing, while plaster cast needs about 24 hours to for hardening and load-bearing. During the process of hardening, plaster has heat production response during crystallization, and the patient will feel burning sensation on the skin. But casting tape can avoid such side effects;
6. After solidification, casting tape is still fragile, so they may rupture when bearing too much weight or sudden external force again, and cause fractures after restoration. But casting tape avoids the shortcomings in order to effectively ensure the fixation effect.
1. Casting tape is made of polymeric materials with good permeability. It is firm, light and water-proof with good ventilation. The patient may feel it comfort, safe, healthy, beauty and so on;
2. Casting tape has excellent transmittance, and is propitious to doctors can see the healing of fracture at any time in the treatment process, while only after the removal of plaster cast can we see the healing condition. Therefore, in terms of the enswathement after the removal of bandages, the casting tape can avoid the problem that plaster cast has. If X-ray showed the wound hasn’t healed well after the removal of plaster cast, then we have to re-enswathe which is time-consuming and waste of material;
3. Casting tape save at least 1/3 material than plaster cast at the fixation of the same part. Such as the forearm cast, the dosage of plaster cast is three volumes while those of casting tape is only one volume.
1. The essential of bandaging casting tape well is neither too tight nor too loose. Otherwise, it can cause poor blood circulation or too loose to fix the gauze. If you have no experience, you can check the far part of the body to see whether it become cold or swollen after bandaging;
2. Do not knot at the top of the wound or at the back of the body in order to avoiding comfortlessness while sleeping;
3. When first aid is needed in the absence of casting tape, we can use towels, handkerchiefs, sheets (torn into narrow pieces), and long nylon socks instead.
Bandaging the wound with casting tape is to fix the gauze covered the wound, fix the fracture or contusion, as well as stop bleeding and protect the lesion.
Keys of operation:
1. Loop method. This method is used towards the wrist and physical parts of the same thickness. First of all, overlap the casting tape like a loop. The first lap is a little oblique; the second and third ones are circular, and press the corner of the oblique first lap into the circle; finally, use paste to fix the end, or cut the end of the tape into two, and then tie together;
2. Snakelike method. This method is used to fix the splint. First bandage the casting tape several times in loop method. And wind the casting tape sideling with an interval of the width of the casting tape;
3. Spiral method. This method is often used in the physical parts of the same thickness. First bandage the casting tape several times in loop method. The later circle should cover one-third or two-thirds of the former one in spiral method.
A casting tape is used to fix and protect the injured site of surgery or materials necessary for the surgery. The simplest is the single-layer casting tape, made from gauze or cotton cloth, applying to the limbs, tail, head and chest and abdomen. Polyptychial is based on the shape and parts of body with a variety of shapes made of cotton material for the double-decker, which can be folders with different thickness of cotton, surrounded by cloth to tie fixed, such as eye bandages, former chest bandage, abdominal bandages and bandages, etc. Special casting tape is widely used in the limbs and joints as the function of fixing.
There are many features of casting tape：
1. Safety and comfort: A casting tape has a lower contraction after being dry compared with a plaster cast ,so that it will not lead to the feeling of hair tight, itching; discomfort also will not appear in the hardening process of gypsum recrystallization;
2. Intensity: The intensity of a moisture-curable medical casting tape is 20 times of an ordinary plaster bandage ,with impact resistance≥ 12KJ / ㎡;
3. Penertrability: There is no need to remove the casting tape when irradiated with X-ray film; it is in favor of finding the injury part, and convenient to observe the therapeutic effect;
4. Air permeability: The ventilation rate of water-curable casting tape is ≥ 0.3mm /, which is 200 times of the plaster bandage. It can avoid skin irritation and itching, help the skin to breathe, relieve itching, and reduce infection;
5. Easy to shape: It has a good plasticity and flexibility; it can be fixed with room temperature water in a short time;
6. Environment Protection: The water-curable casting tape won’t produce dust and can be completely burned. When buried underground, it can be degraded within 16 months and will not cause any pollution to the environment.
FTS-RC102 Bedside type, with Luer Connector
For removal of leukocytes from one single unit of whole blood, packed red cells during blood transfusion at patient’s bedside.
High leukocyte removal rate: residual WBC count <1×106 per unit.
100％removal of micro-aggregates.
High RBC recovery rate>90％.
No prime needed before filtration.
Shelf time: 2 years.
Filter membrane material: biocompatible polyester.
Sterilization: ETO gas.
FTS-RC for red cells. Bedside type